Friday, December 31, 2010

Douglass Family Christmas Party

The Douglass family party was at Aunt Debbies house this year. As usual there was all of the good food at a party.............you know, finger rolls. Though something new this year was a 5lb Hershey's chocolate bar I brought. I won it as a concellation prize after buying one of those FDA donations at a Big Apple. There was no real way to cut this thing up. Jason ended-up out on the deck dropping it from waist high just to get it to break-up.
For all of the Douglass great grandsons this was the year of the remote control car/truck. All four boys had mulitple cars racing around, it was hard work trying to pay attention to the what gifts were being opened in the Yankee Swap and making sure your child wasnt the one responsible for causing someone to blow out a knee or hip.

I was so proud of the work I put into my gift for the swap. I took a roll of toilet paper and put a picture of the Grinch on the outside that said if you want your gift you need to start unrolling. Every 10 feet or so I put a little smart ass comment inside the TP. Finally after about 40 feet worth of unrolling they got to their gift........$25 of scratch tickets (There were also 3 nip bottles inside the original box) It was great watching Tony (My cousin Maries husband) work for his gift. The gift was taken from him which turned out to backfire......all of the tickets were losers!





No comments:

Post a Comment